Friday, December 10, 2010

Breakfast at Tiffany's



I have always admired the spirit of Audrey Hepburn through out her career and life. She always amazed me with her strength, poise and beauty in everything she did. The love of her is something that I share with my mother and in a recent email correspondence with my Mom she shared this poem by Audrey with me. I had heard it a long time ago, but forgot how simply sublime it truly is. She wrote this poem when asked by the media to share her beauty tips and in fact her answer was read at her funeral years later due to the effect it had on women at the time. I hope you enjoy this as much as I do!


Beauty Tips by Audrey Hepburn

For attractive lips, speak words of kindness.
For lovely eyes, seek out the good in people.
For a slim figure, share your food with the hungry.
For beautiful hair, let a child run his/her fingers through it once a day.
For poise, walk with the knowledge that you never walk alone.
People, even more than things, have to be restored, renewed, revived, reclaimed and redeemed.
Never throw out anyone.
Remember, if you ever need a helping hand, you will find one at the end of each of your arms.
As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands; one for helping yourself, and the other for helping others.

No comments:

Post a Comment