Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Welcome!

Well for all reading this blog this is for me to update you all as much as possible over the next two years! I do not know exactly how much I will be able to update this over the next three months, but I will try my best to do so. For those of you who don't know I have been accepted into the Peace Corps to serve as a community public health volunteer through their Community Health and Economic Development program. I am ecstatic to have been invited to serve in this position because this was the dream position I was hoping for when I started filling out my application in October of last year. I will be working on the board of a local governmental non-profit organization that is involved with HIV/AIDS clinics for orphans and vulnerable children. Not only will I be helping with managerial concepts for the clinic, but working in the clinic with the children doing various medical and healthy lifestyles projects with them. I will be serving my 27 months in the African country of Uganda. Uganda is located between the Congo and Kenya above Lake Victoria. Despite the challenges that this experience will throw my way I am utterly excited to start the toughest job I will ever love.

I'm excited to share my journey with you all and keep you updated as much as possible! Loves.

1 comment:

  1. Rebecca, dahling,

    "That which shall not be named" (okay, I'll name it--school--but only this once until it actually starts) is about to begin; and where I'm teaching a new class called "Modern Global Perspectives" that includes issues like hunger, population, disease, and other things that are insanely relevant to what you're doing, I thought that I would write and ask if you would mind my students reading and posting on your blog. I think that it would be a uniquely valuable opportunity for them.

    I mees you!

    Love, love, love, Kathryn

    ReplyDelete